Planning & Development
Proposed Development Regulation Changes
- Development Regulations - Article-1- General - Provisions -11-5-2020
- Development Regulations - Article 2 - Glossary - 11-6-2020
- General Requirements - 11-25-2020
- Bonus Lots - 12-23-2020
Planning and Development COVID-19 Procedures
- Until further notice, all permit applications, plat approvals and requests for inspections (etc.) CAN be emailed to email@example.com.
- All applications and forms for the Morgan County Planning and Development Office can be found on our website at Morgancountyga.gov under Departments – Planning & Development – Documents & Forms.
- All payments CAN be made via phone with Visa or MasterCard.
- Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at (706)342-4373.
The Morgan County Planning and Development department is responsible for interpreting, administering, and enforcing codes and regulations in regard to zoning and land use.
Our department follows the codes and regulations set by the county’s Zoning Ordinances, Development Regulations, and provisions of the Code of Ordinances. In addition to following local codes and ordinances, the Planning and Development Staff monitors and enforces compliance with state and federal building codes and environmental protection acts.
Our staff has administrative responsibilities to the Morgan County Planning Commission, the Morgan County Resource Preservation Advisory Board, the Morgan County Board of Commissioners, and the various City and Town Councils in the community.
City of Madison Services
As of June 1, 2015, please direct all City of Madison project submittals and requests for Building Department services to the City of Madison Planning & Development Department. These services will include all City of Madison Permitting, Inspections, and Environmental Code Enforcement Services.
Please note: If an active permit has already been issued, or plans have already been submitted for review prior to June 1, for a project within the City of Madison jurisdiction, Morgan County Planning and Development will continue to oversee those existing projects until completion.
Please contact the City of Madison Planning and Development Department for any further information:
Madison City Hall
High Street Entrance
132 N Main Street
Madison, GA 30650
City of Madison Website
Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with information, upcoming events, and meeting dates, visit the Morgan County Planning & Development Facebook Page.