Due to a much-needed remodeling project, out shelter will not be able to take in any further animals at this time and will be closed for most of next week (01/11 thru 01/15) if not all of it for repairs. If you find a stray, please call the shelter to give a description, or you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to emergency calls if any should arise during this time. If you are interested in adopting, our goal is to be able to arrange meet and greets in our outdoor areas for those animals that have yet to be adopted. We are expected to be finished by 01/18/2020 at which time the shelter will re-open to the public and business hours will resume as normal. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
We are happy to serve you and your pets needs. Just give us a call of pay us a visit. Morgan County Animal Services performs many services to the citizens, such as:
- Enforce the county's animal ordinances
- Respond to calls regarding stray pets as well as accept owner surrenders
- Help owners find their missing pets through advertisement in the Morgan County Citizen and the Lake Oconee News, as well as through the Nixle program
A large percentage of our animals are either adopted or go to rescue.
- In 6 years, one female dog and her puppies can give birth to 67,000 puppies.
- In 7 years, one female cat and her young can produce 420,000 kittens.
Please spay or neuter your pet. Alert Animal Services of any stray dogs or cats. Keeping these populations under control is more humane to the animals, especially cats. There are currently millions of unwanted cats living in shelters and on the streets. With so many animals homeless, it only makes sense to limit some of the breeding taking place.
Happy tails! Wayne, Lexi, Lecter, and Toby have all been adopted!